miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2012

Second Conditional
Refers to a hypothetical situation and the structure is formed as if + simple past + Simple conditional. Here are some examples translated. 


If clause Main clause
                 If + Past Simple               would / could / might + verb
                If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.

  • If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.
    Si ganara la lotería, viajaría por todo el mundo.
  • If I were in Brazil, I would go to Rio de Janeiro.
    Si yo estuviese en Brasil, iría a Río de Janeiro.
  • If I were you, I would buy that car.
    Si yo fuese tú, compraría ese auto.
  • If he were in my place, he wouldn't do this.
    Si él estuviese en mi lugar, no haría esto.
  • If I had more money, I would buy a nice apartment.
    Si yo tuviese más dinero, me compraría un lindo apartamento.
  • If she had more time, she would travel more often.
    Si ella tuviera más tiempo, viajaría más a menudo.
  • If it were not raining, we could go out.
    Si no estuviese lloviendo, podríamos salir.
  • If we didn't have to work today, we could have a picnic.
    Si no tuviésemos que trabajar hoy, podríamos tener un picnic.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario