miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2012


Want someone to do something

 If you want someone to do something use the structure subject + want (somebody / accusative pronoun) + + to do (something). She does not want us to call her.
We use "want somebody to do" to express what I hope other people do, how we expect them to behave or what we would like them to do. Is formed with "want + object + to infinitive".

Example:
  • I don't want her to call me.
    No quiero que ella me llame.
  • The teacher wants every student to study hard.
    La profesora quiere que todos los alumnos estudien mucho.
  • Some men don't want their wives to work.
    Algunos hombres no quieren que sus esposas trabajen.
  • My parents wanted me to go to Law school.
    Mis padres querían que yo estudiara derecho.
  • I didn't want Phil to find out.
    Yo no quería que Phil se enterara.
  • We have always wanted our children to tell the truth.
    Siempre quisimos que nuestros hijos dijeran la verdad.

  • Sarah has never wanted us to be together.
    Sara nunca quiso que estuviéramos juntos.
  • I had wanted him to stop working during the night.
    Yo había querido que dejara de trabajar durante la noche.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario